Winter 2017 Sports Report | Burgundy Farm Country Day School Skip to main content

You are here

Winter 2017 Sports Report

Monday, April 10, 2017

Thanks to all the players and families for a great winter sports season! Burgundy’s four basketball teams kept us busy cheering week after week. All the players can be very proud of what they accomplished during the season!

Girls JV Basketball

The JV girls finished the regular season with a record of 1-1-1, working through some game cancellations. The team played well despite players not getting much rest due to a lack of substitutes. All of the players had lots of playing time and should be strong contributors next year.

— Coach Ivana Bulirova

 

Girls Varsity Basketball

After a season filled with exciting games, the Blazers girls varsity basketball team won its first post-season game against Edlin but then lost in the semifinals of the playoffs against one of the top teams in the league, Green Hedges. The girls finished 3rd after the regular season with a record of 4-3-1. The 2017 Blazers team was comprised of eight 8th graders and two 6th graders. The team showed improvement throughout the regular season and played with a lot of effort and team spirit in the playoffs.

— Coach Ivana Bulirova

 

Boys JV Basketball

The JV boys finished a very successful season--ending with a thrilling overtime win at home against Alexandria Country Day School. The players worked hard and became a very solid squad by the end of the season, for a record of 4-2. The boys were terrific teammates, helped each other, and will be ready for next year.

— Coach Steve LeBoo

 

Boys Varsity Basketball

The varsity boys finished an exciting and demanding season. Practices were spirited and focused on a balance between strengthening individual skills and learning to work as a team.  We played a demanding schedule and finished 5-3, advancing to the playoffs where we defeated Green Hedges in our quarterfinal game. We lost to a very skilled Browne team in the semifinals. We played with speed and determination, unleashing a tenacious full court press on Browne the last three quarters.

— Coach Jon Ustun ’75

 

Sports Support

Now we’re looking forward to a spring of lacrosse games! Practices have begun. From a busy fall with cross country, soccer, and volleyball, to an intense winter of basketball, and now heading into lacrosse season, Blazers teams bring so many Burgundy students together. The cost of Blazers sports uniforms, bus transportation to play at other schools, and referees for the games are covered through tuition and annual giving dollars.


Tuition covers only 85% of the actual costs of our special Burgundy programs. Annual giving helps bridge the remaining 15% gap. Following the example of players on each team coming together to do their best in each game, match, or meet, we need you to join the team of donors to annual giving. We need your support! Give online as a recurring or one-time donation.