With many on-campus events in the next few weeks, we wanted to share some reminders about parking. Please always be careful and aware of your surroundings when driving on campus.
On campus, parking spaces are delineated to maximize parking efficiency — please respect these lines.
Carpool Lane Parking
- Outside of morning and afternoon carpool times, briefly parking in the carpool lane is generally allowed (e.g., when picking up a student early or dropping off late).
- All cars should be moved out of the carpool lane by 2:45 p.m. ahead of afternoon carpool.
- During special events, please park along the curb at a diagonal angle to allow more cars to park along the carpool lane.
- Please be considerate of our neighbors and others in our community when parking along the streets near campus. Do not block or turn around in driveways, and do not compromise safe and clear lines of sight near intersections.
- During afternoon pick-up our carpool line often extends down the hill (north) on Norton Road, so please do not park on the campus side of the street (west side; to the left, as you exit campus) to facilitate the carpool line staying out of the lane of traffic. As you enter campus, please be aware of the cars trying to enter or exit the driveway at the Norton house Advancement office.
- Fairfax County ordinance prohibits parking within 10 feet of a driveway. Police can ticket cars parked in these areas if a homeowner calls to complain; we know Burgundy families have received warning tickets in the past.
- Be aware that Burgundy and Norton Roads are bus routes for county mass transit. Cars that interfere with those routes may draw attention from Fairfax County police.