One Month to the Auction!
With only one month before we soar together during an uplifting Auction night, the entire Burgundy community is busy with preparations!
If you’re planning to donate an item, service, or experience, we need those details by Monday, February 12 to meet our catalog deadline. Fill out the online donation form or contact Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. Thank you!
Looking for other ways to support the Auction and financial aid at Burgundy? Here are more options:
- Contribute to underwrite expenses
There is a cost to putting on the Auction each year, and our event expenses come in a range of prices. Some generous donors choose to underwrite a specific cost, which lowers Burgundy's expenses and thereby increases the amount we as a community raise for student financial aid. You can contribute directly to underwrite expenses at a level that works for you.
- Advertise in the Auction catalog
Soon you'll be paging through the auction catalog, picking out the items your family will love best. Do you know a business who would like to advertise within those pages? Catalog ads can be a great introduction to the Burgundy community, and can offer coupons or other promotions. Ads are available beginning at $50. Ready to place an ad? For more information about ads, contact Meghan (email@example.com).
- Just for businesses! Sponsor the Auction
New this year, based on feedback from Burgundy parents, we’re offering businesses the opportunity to become event sponsors. Business sponsorships start at only $150, and every donation allows more money to go directly to financial aid. Business sponsors will be recognized in different ways depending on the level of support. Details are on the online donation form (for those donating on behalf of a business). If you know a business that might be interested, please share this information!
There will be hundreds of item descriptions to peruse when we share the catalog during the week before the Auction. Between now and then, Constant Comment will highlight an item we think many of you will love!
In the live auction: A Magical Mother-Daughter Trip to Peru, June 25-July 2
A Burgundy mom and daughter (between the ages of 5 and 15) can join a small group trip that includes mom Karin and daughter Finlay Nunan (1st Grade Sheep), as well as Burgundy teacher Tracy Camp-Johnston and her daughter. The trip is designed for lasting memories, and has been donated to the Auction by Karin and Manus Nunan.
- Watching the sun rise over one of the new Seven Wonders of the World: Machu Picchu. Visit Machu Picchu with a responsible tour company that is proactively working to support the local community and environment.
- Getting to know Peruvian Hearts, an international charity that educates and empowers girls, and the Peruvian Hearts scholars.
- Spending a day at a girls home to play games, tell stories, and do all sorts of fun girl things!
- Visiting the home of one of the Peruvian Heart scholars where we'll work alongside her family to paint their home.
- Taking some llamas for a walk through the Llama Pack Project.
- Learning to make Peruvian chocolate - and eating it!