Burgundy's 10th Annual Martin Luther King Day of Service
This year we are celebrating our 10th Annual Martin Luther King Day of Service on Monday, January 21, 2019.
As a part of that day, we will have an All-School Food Drive. We are collecting food items to benefit ALIVE, which supports families in need in Alexandria. The collection will take place all week next week (January 14-18) and students will sort and box the food on the actual day of service and then bring it all to the warehouse for further sorting and storage prior to distribution. You can drop off your food items at morning or afternoon carpool, in the Middle School Atrium, or in the Main Office on any day, Monday through Friday or, if you have a 4th through 8th grader coming to the Day of Service, by 9 a.m., Monday morning, January 21.
John Garren, Food Manager for ALIVE tells me that they are almost out of the following items:
- spaghetti sauce (canned, plastic or glass)
- canned meats (chicken, beef ravioli, salmon; we have a lot of tuna, so other meats appreciated)
- cereal (Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies; less sugar content cereals appreciated, single serving sizes also work)
- boxed pastas (elbows, bow tie, rigatoni, etc)
- boxed milk (doesn't require refrigeration until opened)
- tomato sauce (sauce, or chopped, diced tomatoes)
- fruit bars (aka., "breakfast" bars; more fruit and less hard/crunchy granola style bars)
- bagged rice (1 or 5 pound bags appreciated)
- jam or jelly (grape, strawberry appreciated)
- peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
Of course, any non-perishable items you donate are appreciated! Thank so much for your support.
If you have questions, please contact Charlene Pritzker (email@example.com).